OD-Tools® is the home of exclusive assessment and advisory tools for professionals in the fields of OD, HR, training, psychometrics and consulting.
Whether you work one-to-one or with thousands of employees, our tools empower you to make insightful assessments and recommendations at all points of the talent and organisational life-cycle.
With OD-Tools® you can:
- Assist organisations or clients to improve recruitment and selection processes for job and cultural fit.
- Ease employee on-boarding and accelerate time to productivity.
- Use 360 feedback to enhance individual performance and team fit, and manage the risk of promotion and succession decisions.
- Specify training priorities.
- Improve management of employee engagement and retention through deeper understanding of motivation.
- Map the extent to which the entire organisation is using effective and integrated people management practices.
Our technology platform makes it easy and cost effective to deliver services of your choice.
Please visit our Online Tools section to learn of our unique tools that you can begin to use today; OD-Map® employee survey, Trait-Map®, OD-Tools® MQ, and the "Solution Focused 360 Feedback Technology".
Below, please read about our founders, history, and service technology.
How the OD-Tools® Platform Works
OD-Tools® is a web based Software-as-a-Service (SaaS) application. All you need is a web browser and internet access; you don't need to maintain servers or install software. You get all upgrades and updates automatically and for free.
Our Technical Advantages
- Instant use: your projects can be ready to go in 1 or 2 hours. No long learning curves, the system is intuitive and easy to learn.
- All-in-One: the OD-Tools® platform allows you to manage all your organisational and talent management assessments in one central application. Only one system to learn, only one password to remember.
- Deploy anywhere: multi-language support is built in from the ground up, not just as an afterthought.
- Response management: you understand the importance of saving all participant responses, even partial responses. Our “InstantSave” Questionnaire Technology captures and instantly preserves all data so no responses are wasted.
- Report management: generate instant reports seconds after participants finish their tests or questionnaires.
- Data safety: best practices of data protection, privacy and confidentiality. We are able to satisfy the strictest requirements of EU Clients as well.
- Custom logo support: your logo on all user interfaces and reports — at no extra charge.
- System roles and security: set up customised data access rights to suit the needs of any size organisation or number and level of system users.
- Control costs: pay only for what you use. Charges are based on the number of downloaded reports. It's easy to self-manage and control. Scale up or down any time.
- Up-time: guaranteed 99.9%. We operate on industry-leading, global, cloud-hosting data centers, ensuring high availability and ability to scale at will. Traffic quickly re-routes in the unlikely event of network issues so that participants and system administrators always get immediate responsiveness. Automatic daily snapshots and a proprietary backup system minimize any risk of data loss.
OD-Tools® was created by seasoned professionals, and it is field-proven in a wide range of industries across four continents.
It all began in 2002, when an international team of consultants established HRO (Shanghai) Consulting Co., Ltd., a company dedicated to providing People and Organisation Development services to foreign companies operating in China. China is now the world’s second largest economy and operating base to Fortune 500 MNCs and some of the world’s most dynamic local companies as well.
Excited by the challenge and market potential, HRO created a personality test for its own services. This first questionnaire grew into what today is known as Trait-Map®, an insightful and sensitive personality inventory to determine people-to-job fit. Soon thereafter, in 2004, we followed with MQ, a tool to facilitate self-awareness and an understanding of intrinsic motivation.
2012 brought a major upgrade to our IT infrastructure. In 2013, our new brand was born, OD-Tools®, allowing our online assessment product line to grow into an independent business. The copyright of our tools and the assessment platform now belongs to HRObjective International; a Hong Kong registered company with an international team operating from Shanghai. OD-Tools® is also part of the Direct HR Group, providing best-of-class solutions in managing human capital through recruitment, assessment, development and advisory. With a team of 50 professionals and four offices the Group serves Clients from all over the World.
These online assessments brought a new feeling into the world of psychometric tools, capturing the attention of HRO's clients and other consulting organisations who want to license them. These tools gradually attracted a loyal and growing user-base, professionals from boutique consulting firms and Fortune 500 alike, who appreciate tools with precision, insight, ease of use and strong impact.
Built on validated psychometric foundations, our tools balance theory with practical application. Although simple and easy to use, we don't compromise on analytical nuance and depth. For all of our tools, the user experience is intuitive and fun. Give us a try to see what sets us apart from all the rest.
The core team of HRObjective International
Managing Director: Gabor Nagy. Gabor has 20 years experience in assessment, training, consulting and OD. He holds a postgraduate diploma in Organization and HR Management.
Co-founder, Assessment Author: Friedemann Demmer. MA in Applied Psychology, Frieder has delivered 800 high-stakes assessment center projects. He brings more than 20 years experience in assessments and people development.
CTO: Peter Peto. Peter has more than 20 years experience in developing and operating mission critical enterprise systems.
Online tools were developed by Gabor Nagy, Friedemann Demmer, Vivian Guo (Ph.D.), Fang Hua (Ph.D.), Daniel Smith, in cooperation with developers from Cambridge University Psychometrics Centre: Kaori Takenaka, Fiona Chan, and Michal Kosinski.
Do you want to know, engage, develop and reward your people better? We look forward to our collaboration with you in pursuit of your OD goals.